- Swillburg Neighborhood
- Highland Park Neighborhood
- Maplewood Neighborhood
- Upper Mt. Hope Neighborhood
- South Wedge Neighborhood
- NOTA Neighborhood Association | Rochester, NY Neighborhood Of The Arts Neighborhood Association “NOTA is Rochester’s arts district, a diverse cultural hub that attracts creative people and ideas. From impressive sculptures to imprinted sidewalks, quirky benches to inspired bus stops, mosaic lamp posts to pocket gardens, music to theater, literature to movies, and historic architecture to contemporary style, it’s a neighborhood designed as a living art experience.”
- The Center for Youth Services The Center for Youth is the best organization to turn to for young people seeking to deal with, explore, or understand issues of importance to them – from their perspective, and on their terms. Started by kids, for kids, all Center services – from counseling, to shelter, to education, to referrals – are rooted in, and delivered with the knowledge that youth want to, and can, take responsibility for their life choices. Youth in crisis can access help at our 24-hour line: (585) 271-7670, Toll-free crisis hotline: 1-888-617-KIDS or go to a designated Safe Place site. 905 Monroe Ave Rochester, NY 14620 585-473-2464
- Monroe Village “Monroe Village is an eclectic urban village where diversity is celebrated and all people are welcome. It is safe, healthy, sustainable and offers a high quality of life, in an authentic environment with walkable streets, a mix of land uses, and a variety of housing choices. Monroe Village is located along Monroe Avenue in the city of Rochester, New York, from the inner loop to I-490, and the adjoining residential neighborhoods.
Welcome To Monroe Avenue Monroe Avenue, one of Rochester’s most diverse shopping strips, is the place to find the truly unique. Alive with people and places to go in an urban neighborhood which includes the Y, the library, churches, and schools as well as interesting small shops, restaurants, and pubs. “
Monroe Village Farmers’ Market Greetings from the Monroe Village Farmers’ Market. The Monroe Village Farmers Market is run by people like you…people who appreciate city living and are looking to make a difference in the neighborhood! To volunteer to help with the market contact Allen Krisiloff at email@example.com .
- Neighborhood Service Center “NSC is based on the notion that the best way of responding to neighborhood issues is by teaming residents with city staff to devise and achieve effective solutions, supported by the full resources of “City Hall”. This approach brings City government closer to you and your neighborhood so quality of life issues can be addressed more quickly and effectively.” For the UMNA area go to: City of Rochester | Southeast Quadrant Service Center
- Monroe Branch Library 809 Monroe Avenue Rochester, NY 14607 | Get this month’s programs here: Library *NEW HOURS AT THE MONROE BRANCH: Wednesdays: Open from 12:00 – 8:00 pm Thursdays: Open from 12:00 – 6:00 pm Fridays: Open from 12:00 – 6:00 pm (The hours for Mondays, Tuesdays and Saturdays remain the same.) Always something going on at your local library: lectures, films, courses, readings, and even deals passes; Passes on George Eastman House This pass is good for up to five discounted adult general admissions to GEH–$6 per adult versus the normal $12 regular admission. GEVA The GEVA pass is a buy one full price ticket, get the second at half price pass. It is good for the six regular GEVA mainstage shows that will be running August 2012-June 2, 2013. Rochester Museum & Science Center This one is buy one admission to the museum or planetarium and get one admission of equal or lesser value free. Memorial Art Gallery The MAG pass is good for up to four discounted adult admissions ($6 fee versus the normal $12) and free admission for up to four children ages 6-18.
- Monroe YMCA Located in the eclectic Monroe neighborhood, the Monroe Family YMCA was built in 1923. Our family-friendly facility includes a pool, gym, locker rooms, multi-purpose rooms, a group exercise studio and a state-of-the-art fitness area. We also have an indoor running track and a Kids Adventure Gym complete with a climbing wall. Our programs range from day camp, preschool, school age and teen programs to youth sports leagues, aquatics and health and fitness. Check program for children, adolescents, and adults here: Monthly Programs.
- The Corner Place The Corner Place serves elementary school children in the Upper Monroe community by providing high quality arts education. A collaborative outreach program of Third Presbyterian Church and New Life Presbyterian Church. The Corner Place is a program that seeks to meet the needs of youth and their families from School #35 and the upper Monroe neighborhood in Rochester, NY through academic support, arts enrichment, personal, social and family development in collaboration with community members and groups.
- NeighborWorks® Rochester offers home ownership classes, strategic lending practices and energy conservation services to families and individuals in need of a hand up rather than a hand out. We are a home ownership agency that serves the entire City of Rochester and those living throughout Monroe County. We are a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving our neighbors’ quality of life through a number of different services focused on stabilizing neighborhoods and the local real estate economy.