Monday | April 3 | 7:00 PM | New Life Presbyterian Church, Monroe Avenue at Rosedale
Learn about Rochester Management Inc. plans for
Cobbs Hill Village on Norris Drive.
Provide informed concerns or support.
Rochester Management Inc. currently plans to demolish the existing brick one-story buildings that comprise Cobbs Hill Village within Cobbs Hill Park and:
- Construct two three-story and three two-story buildings in their place.
- Increase the number of units on the site from 60 to 98.
- Create a number of fully handicapped accessible apartments.
- Continue construction on the site from August 2017 through completion in 2021.
- Remove some large trees on the current site.
The plan would result in approximately 10 studios, 60 one-bedroom, 10 two-bedroom apartments, and 18 two-bedroom town houses.
Our concerns include:
- Rents will rise from the current average of $414 a month to an initial estimated cost ranging from $657 per month for studios to $1,000+ per month for town houses (plus electricity), diminishing Rochester’s stock of low-income housing.
- The buildings will be a much more visible presence within Cobbs Hill Park.
- New construction will require extending the date when this property reverts to the city (and can possibly again become park) well beyond 2041.
- Increased traffic on Norris Drive, which is heavily used by children & youth.
- Sturdy buildings that appear to have years of service remaining will be lost, diminishing the stock of Rochester’s low-income senior housing.
Neighbors, Park Users, Rochester Residents invited.
Sponsored by The Coalition for Cobbs Hill Park
For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org