Subscribe to our E-Mail List
Just enter your e-mail below and we'll keep you informed of events and items of interest for the Upper Monroe Avenue area.
- 3/29 – Redevelopment Potential at 151 Mt. Hope Avenue March 26, 2017
- 4/3 – Public Meeting – Cobbs Hill Village Construction Plans March 16, 2017
- NO April UMNA Meeting March 16, 2017
- Summer Employment Opportunity March 16, 2017
- 3/25 – Local Government Jobs Seminar March 16, 2017
- Continuing: Library News March 16, 2017
- Continuing: 211 – Important Area-wide Resource March 16, 2017
- Continuing: 2017 Annual Membership Drive March 16, 2017
- 3/7 – Next UMNA Meeting February 26, 2017
- Monroe Village Farmers’ Market Season 2017 February 26, 2017
- 211 – Important Area-wide Resource February 26, 2017
- 3/4 – International Symposium February 26, 2017
- Apply by 3/24 – Summer Employment February 26, 2017
- Now thru June – Donation Drive February 26, 2017
- Continuing: 2017 Annual Membership Drive February 26, 2017
Wide Water Gardens
Monthly Archives: September 2016
9th annual Walk for Water for South Sudan Register and/or donate today for Saturday, October 1 | 10:00
9th annual Walk for Water for South Sudan Register and/or donate today for Saturday, October 1 | 10:00 The Holocaust, Genocide, and Human Rights Project will host its 9th annual Walk for Water to support Water for South Sudan on Saturday, Oct. 1 … Continue reading
UPDATE regarding Washington Grove On August 26th, in this newsletter, I included an update on Washington Grove. It included a request by the Friends of Washington Grove to ignore a petition that is circulating regarding the grove. In the interest of … Continue reading
Rochester Public Market Find their Current Newsletter attached. public-market-newsletter The latest issue (attached) includes: * An update on the Market renovation and addition project! * Announcement of a new, bonus free Market special event (Hint: Halloween!) * Features of our Vendors of the … Continue reading
Upper Monroe Neighborhood Garden Maintenance Continues Wednesdays | 6:00 – 7:00 Join neighbors each Wednesday to care for our 5 lovely community gardens along Monroe Avenue and Culver Road. Nothing strenuous here but some necessary dead-heading (that’s a technical term) … Continue reading
Facing Race, Embracing Equity (FR=EE) The 4th annual summit on race is October 15 at East High School from 9:00 – 3:30.
Facing Race, Embracing Equity (FR=EE) The 4th annual summit on race is October 15 at East High School from 9:00 – 3:30. Attached is a call for volunteers flyer with detailed and contact information, and a “save the date” flyer.
College Fair & SAT Prep College Fair at Rochester Convention Center this Tuesday evening. SAT Test Prep October 17. See college-fair-this-tuesday-9-20 and sat-college-prep-october-17 for details.
Cobb’s Hill Manor Opens in Upper Monroe The first residents have been welcomed at 1175 Monroe Avenue this week. Vacant for a few years, since the closing of Blossom South Nursing Home, the new owner is bringing new life and … Continue reading
Please take time, as much time as you have to give, for a September 24 work day in Washington Grove. Our primary task will be to remove invasives (Young Norway Maples and black swallowwort from the Hemlock grove and surrounds … Continue reading
Greetings: Though for many years it has been a special place for Rochester residents, Washington Grove has recently seen a marked increase in public usage. The Grove attracts a range of visitors, who come with various expectations and interests. Some … Continue reading